This book provides examples using the IQuery, ICriteria, QueryOver, and LINQ to NHibernate API’s within the context of an example Guitar Store inventory program. The reader is walked through the creation of a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database, the creation of a Visual Studio 2010 solution consisting of 3 projects (a Window Presentation Foundation (WPF), a Console Application, and a Class Library). Each one utilizes the .NET 4.0 framework. Then the reader is walked through the steps required to configure and use the many features available contained within NHibernate 3.2. Further instructions and examples exist for the insertion of parent/child relationships, Session management, entity states (transient, persistent and detached), deletion, caching, and batching.
The last chapter utilizes ASP.NET MVC 3 and jqGrid for the creation of an internet program for viewing the guitar inventory using NHibernate and the session per web request model.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started With Nhibernate 3 1
Chapter 2: Using Hql 53
Chapter 3: Using Icriteria 91
Chapter 4: Using Linq to Nhibernate 145
Chapter 5: Managing State and Saving Data 169
Chapter 6: Using Nhibernate with an Asp.Net Mvc 3 Application 203
Usage Rights for Wiley Wrox Blox
Any Wrox Blox you purchase from this site will come with certain restrictions that allow Wiley to protect the copyrights of its products. After you purchase and download this title, you:
- Are entitled to three downloads
- Are entitled to make a backup copy of the file for your own use
- Are entitled to print the Wrox Blox for your own use
- Are entitled to make annotations and comments in the Wrox Blox file for your own use
- May not lend, sell or give the Wrox Blox to another user
- May not place the Wrox Blox file on a network or any file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone other than yourself to access it
- May not copy the Wrox Blox file other than as allowed above
- May not copy, redistribute, or modify any portion of the Wrox Blox contents in any way without prior permission from Wiley
If you have any questions about these restrictions, you may contact Customer Care at (877) 762-2974 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday). If you have any issues related to Technical Support, please contact us at 800-762-2974 (United States only) or 317-572-3994 (International) 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday).