Grasp the basic concepts that drive all Microsoft® .NET-based languages—and prepare yourself to learn .NET programming. If you have absolutely no previous experience, no problem—simply start here! This ebook provides the foundation for all other .NET programming language books in the Start Here! series. You’ll explore programming concepts and techniques with clear explanations, easy-to-follow examples, and exercises. It’s the perfect reference for understanding how computer programs work.
- Delve into object-oriented concepts such as properties, methods, and events
- Discover what multiprocessing is—and how it’s changing computing
- Examine how programs store data in files, object stores, and databases
- Explore controls, such as labels, text boxes, menus, and scroll bars
- Learn how programming environments help you design and run programs
- Get an extensive glossary of key programming terms