Help all of your students reach success in math! This essential book, from bestselling author and consultant Jennifer Taylor-Cox, is filled with suggestions that teachers and RTI/MTSS specialists can use to target instruction for struggling students in grades 3-5. You’ll learn how to diagnose academic weaknesses, differentiate instruction, use formative assessments, offer corrective feedback, and motivate students with games and activities.
The book’s practical features include…
- Directions for incorporating formative assessments;
- Explanations of successful strategies for intervention;
- Important math terms to use with students;
- Games for active learning with printable boards;
- Cognitive demand questions ranging from easy to complex; and
- Rigorous problems to help you gather pre and post data.
In this enhanced second edition, you’ll find correlations to the Common Core throughout, as well as a variety of brand new, rigorous problems designed to mirror those on CCSS assessments.
The book is accompanied by free eResources on our website, www.routledge.com/9781138915695. These eResources include an Answer Key with Scoring Guide and a handy Progress Monitoring Tool that you can use to track each student’s growth, record notes, and share data with parents, administrators, and other educators. The eResources also contain printable versions of the games in the book so that you can easily download and print them for classroom use.
Table of Contents
Chapter One: Addition and Subtraction Concepts
Chapter Two: Multiplication and Division Concepts
Chapter Three: Multifaceted Number Concepts